RomPatcher+ is an improved and fixed version of the RomPatcher software developed by ZoRn.
Using RomPatcher+ it is possibile to reach a new level of customization for you Symbian phone.
This is the list of the main differences in comparison with RomPatcher by ZoRn:
- New: can dump the whole rom content to file \romdumpplus.dmp
- New: can dump the SuperPage content to file \superpage.dmp
- New: full support for DomainSrv.exe autostart
- New: introduced new commands ord_rel, ord_snr which allow to patch DLL using ordinal
- New: can be integrated in cooked ROM firmware.
- New: it is now possible to apply/remove patches with just 1 click.
- New: added vertical scrollbar.
- New: introduced the new command "+SuperPage" which allow to patch the RAM area where is stored the SuperPage.
- New: introduced support for a new commands, info: return: error: check the demo1-4.rmp patches included.
- New: introduced #ifdef, #ifndef, #else, #endif, #define statements. This will allow to retrieve system values at runtime to create
more flexible and powerful patches. Check the ReadMe_Macros.txt for all the details.
- New: you can search / filter the patches in the list. Just start typing the patch name to apply the filter.
- New: wildcard ?? support for patches.
- Fixed: Kern-Exec0 error when closing RomPatcher after a patch was applied.
- Fixed: doesn't unexpectedly crash when using large and complex patches.
- Fixed: RP+ can correcly patch contiguous shadow ram pages without any crash.
- Improved: the shadow ram memory is now fully released when a patch is removed.
- Improved: better compatibility (supports also the OmniaHD, 5630, E52 and probably future devices).
- Improved: the "Patch Info..." option shows all the information lines contained in the patch.
Change-Log RP+ v2.3 > v2.4:
+ New: Add to Auto (DomainSrv). You can now choose to start some patches using DomainSrv and some others using the standard way.
+ New: Fault-Recovery. When the phone is turned on and it crashes due to some bugged patch setted as "Auto", then all the "Auto" patches will be temporary disabled, so you'll be able to turn on the phone and remove the bugged patch.
+ New: Donate by SMS option. Select this to make a donation to support RP+
+ New: Two powerful new commands available for patch makers (ord_rel, ord_snr). I strongly suggest you to use them when you patch some dll.
ord_snr : ordinal (decimal value) : filename : original value : new value
ord_rel : ordinal (decimal value) : filename : offset (starting from ordinal): original value : new value
ord_snr:1:sys\bin\securitymanager.dll:AABBCC:AABBC C ; Apply the patch to the first export
ord_rel:1:sys\bin\securitymanager.dll:0A:AABBCC:AA BBCC ; Apply the patch to the first export+0x0A
+ New: Advanced > Dump ROM. Dumps the whole ROM content to file \romdumpplus.dmp
+ New: Advanced > Dump SuperPage. Dumps the superpage area to file \superpage.dmp
+ Improved: Popup will appears only once in a while (But don't forget that the development of RP+ needs to be supported)
+ Improved: Patches .zip archive moved to a different path \System\Data\RP_Patches.zip
+ Improved: For touch devices the Search Box is hidden by default
+ Fixed: Crash when \patches\ folder was empty
- ZoRn for the original RomPatcher idea.
- FCA00000 for its brilliant brain.
- wadowice, templove, bugb, abgnokia, leftup, CODeRUS, Leonapapa, PNHT and others, for their contribution to the underground
Symbian scene, keep up with the good job!
- megaexer for svg icon.
Download :RomPatcher+ v2.4 English by Zorn (released on 24/December/2010)