Update: 26 october 2010
Swype provides a faster and easier way to input text on any screen. With one continuous finger or stylus motion across the screen keyboard, the patented technology enables users to input words faster and easier than other data input methods at over 40 words per minute. The application is designed to work across a variety of devices such as phones, tablets, game consoles, kiosks, televisions, virtual screens and more.
Swype has worked closely with Nokia to bring you the best text input experience on your S60 5th Edition handset. Swype plugs directly into the Symbian input method to ensure seamless integration with every application on the device.
Swype excels in language support, allowing users to Swype in many different languages. Swype Beta for Symbian includes support for English US, Spanish, Canadian French, and Brazilian Portuguese. Extensive language support is part of our ongoing development and more languages will be supported in the future.
Compatibility and system requirements:
Swype for Symbian Beta is compatible with the following Nokia S60 5th Edition touch screen phones:
* Nokia 5800
* Nokia 5230
* Nokia X6
* Nokia N97
* Nokia N97mini
* Standard QWERTY keyboard layout makes Swype easy to learn
* Use a stylus or finger Swype s amazing input path analyzer allows you to go fast and sloppy. Just make a reasonable effort to trace through the word and Swype will do the rest
* Double Tap Editing Make a mistake? Double tap on a word to bring up a list of other possible matches.
* Auto Spelling Correction
* Automatic Help Swype detects when you may be having trouble or might benefit from a particular feature and prompts you with helpful tips and instructions
* Instant access to Symbols, Numbers and Editing functions
* 65,000-word Learning Dictionary Chances are the word you are typing is already in the Swype dictionary. If it isn t, just tap it out once followed by a space and Swype will remember it for future use.
Whats NEW in v.12936:
Numerous performance improvements and bug fixes have been made since our initial Beta release. For a complete changelog and a list of known issues please see the More Info tab.
Core Swype functionality has been configured to make the UI and output more responsive. Specifically, tapping and word prediction behavior has been reworked to provide for a better user experience. Issues with delete and haptic feedback have also been addressed to improve overall speed. Finally, landscape performance has been increased through related bug fixes.
Swype no longer crashes when rotating with the word choice window open. Swype will no longer crash if you press-hold to bring up a diacritic menu and drag to the popup window. A triple tap in the ICF for the X6 will no longer crash the application. Incoming call issues while Swyping have been resolved. Issues with Swype during a call have been resolved.
Several UI elements have been adjusted to fix drawing issues and screen artificats particularly on rotation and with popups. The word choice window has been reworked to improve performance and readability. Keyboard selection in landscape is more intuitive. General UI elements have been polished for final release.
Language Dictionary Support:
Support for downloadable language dictionaries has been implemented. This will allow users to download and install specific languages when they become available. Additionally, the four included languages have been polished for final release.
Swype Pen Input Beta v1.00.12936 S60v5 Symbian^3 9.x Signed "Easier Way 2 Input Text"